Please contact Unifiedcomms Group HR
directly at +603-5163 2952 or
e-mail us at email@example.com
if you would like to learn more about
the positions available.
System Specialist / System Test Engineer
A System Specialist / System Test Engineer is responsible for reviewing software design, preparing test plans, performing integration testing and certifying that the delivered software is in accordance with the product specifications and customer requirements. All these activities relate to this position’s role in the software development process. In addition, the System Specialist / System Test Engineer is also responsible for preparing and producing installation packages and guides to aid technical implementation engineers in smoothly and efficiently performing on-site system installation and integration activities. The System Specialist / System Test Engineer also plays a role post-implementation, and serves as the primary contact person and representative of the software development team for software-related issues/incidents/problems. This position works closely with technical support engineers to ensure that performance and availability of the implemented system under his/he care is actively maintained if not improved.
- Reviewing software design specifications.
- Prepare test plan(s) based on documented software design specifications.
- Perform integration testing on internal testbed with internal test tools, including simulation testing of software components and validation of simulated environment and production of test cases to support testing.
- Simulation test environment setup and management.
- Maintenance and enhancement of internal test tool for integration testing.
- Production system site planning including module lay out, access control lists, placement, installation of database servers.
- Conceiving, compiling and producing the installation package and installation guide for use by on-site technical implementation engineers to implement systems.
- Overall production system site ownership/oversight during system implementation phase, and serving as primary project representative for the software development team.
- Assisting the technical implementation team in the actual installation and performing tests on-site as required, to validate results and to address software and system-design related information requests /incidents /problems.
- Serves as primary representative and contact point for software development team for the purposes of software maintenance and technical support (Tier-3 support).
- Carries out validation of third-party vendor software and internal software upgrades and updates.
- Responsible for overall configuration management and configuration control of production systems, knowledge center/specialist for all site-specific information on production systesm.
- Carries out change request and technical proposal review and providing feedback to technical product management team.
- Training and briefing on software modules and systems to technical implementation and technical product management teams as and when required.
- Continuous improvement and enhancement of implementation process and documentation.
- Research into new concepts and tools to improve quality of product and quality of support as well as to increase efficiency of system implementation activities.
- Responsible for regular house-keeping for the production systems assigned.
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Telecommunications Engineering or equivalent.
- 1 – 2 years of experience in software development or software/system testing.
Applicants with any of the following capabilities/knowledge would be at an advantage:
- Knowledge of C/C++ or Java.
- Knowledge of SS7 signaling.
- Knowledge of UNIX shell script, PERL or Python.
- Strong willingness to learn.
- Able to work in a team.
- Able to creatively utilize various open source technologies.
Interested candidates, please e-mail your comprehensive resume together with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, post it to:
Unifiedcomms Group HR
Unified Communications (OHQ) Sdn Bhd
Level 2, The Podium, Wisma Synergy
No 72, Persiaran Jubli Perak
Seksyen 22, Shah Alam
40000 Selangor Malaysia